Gale Carb Rebuild Help...

Recruit
Just got my rebuild kit in for my 1960 Gale 25hp outboard. The motor uses OMC parts as most of you know, and takes carb pepair kit #439075. This carb and kit is used any many other models, one being the 1975 Johhson 40HP.

Was expecting it to come with diagrams and instructions since my dad's 06 Johnson 25hp did when he rebuilt his carb, but it did not. Was hoping someone could point me in the direction of the step by steps of the procedure and diagrams for this. If any of you have this information and wouldnt mind to email it to me I would very much appreciate it! Thanks in advance guys!

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral
Re: Gale Carb Rebuild Help...

It probably would be a good idea to pick up a shop manual. If you're quite mechanically inclined, then a Seloc would be good enough. Get the Volume I if you do. If you are a rookie mechanic, then get the certified factory manual (which costs twice as much as the Seloc)

You'll find that those carbs are easier to rebuild than removing them from the manifold. It's just the matter of getting them cleaned thoroughly and re-assembling the packings on the needle jets correctly. If you're neat and meticulous, you'll do just fine.:cool: