Sears/Force Gamefisher 15hp 1988

jp_logan

Recruit
I have a 15hp Gamefisher 1988 model #225.581500, and it runs like a champ. Have a two blade prop currently, considering swap to three blade. The Gamefisher is currently powering a 12 ft aluminum - along with an electric trolling motor - used primarily for lake trolling trips. I read other posts on prop selection, saw the info on TinyTach to assist with performance/tuning monitoring. Which begs the question - what is max safe RPM for this outboard?

Thanks in advance - iboats forums have been VERY helpful. :D

we shoot 'em 2

Recruit
Re: Sears/Force Gamefisher 15hp 1988

I have a 1988 15hp Gamefisher, and the coil is bad. Do you know where I can get parts for this motor? Any suggestions/help would be appreciated! HELP!?:confused:

M

mrcrabs

The 225 model prefix is a Chrysler Outboard, you might try asking at the
Force & Chrysler Outboards forum,

SEARS MOTORS with Model Numbers other than 217.???????? where built by:
225.?????? Chrysler Outboard
574..????? McCullock Outboard
Parts for McCullock Outboard are No Longer Available
Some Parts for Chrysler are avalible on special order only.
http://home.earthlink.net/~brixent/searsid.htm

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Max rpm is 5,750.I think you may have trouble finding a 3 blade prop.I think prop selection may be pretty limited.Its possible the correct 3 blade might do better with a load its likely the lightly loaded speed could be less. 3 blades have more drag.
Check your motor height.The antivent plate (just above the prop) should be about even with the bottom of the boat.Should be visable on plane.Could slightly improve speed,hole shot and handling.

wttucker

Recruit

WE are having this exact same problem! Any luck finding parts?