Permatex Copper for Eska powerhead base?

Buzzwindrip

Seaman Apprentice
I have (maybe had) a good running Eska Golden Jet 500 that I decided to pull the lower unit off of, just to have a look at how the water tube was supposed to be terminated. I basically destroyed the tube as I tried to yank the LU off the exhaust housing, not knowing that the tube was actually stuck into the powerhead base. After I pulled the powerhead off, I had to destroy the gasket that seals the two halves of the base together, just to separate them. I plan to get some 1/4" copper water tubing to replace the steel tubing, and I am thinking of using Permatex copper hi-temp gasket RTV to reseal the base halves. Is there any reason not to? Just looking for some feedback from anyone that may have done this, or could think of a reason not to. I don't see any resources for those gaskets on any of the Eska support sites, either. Any info appreciated.

Buzzwindrip

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Permatex Copper for Eska powerhead base?

mrcrabs, thanks for the link. Talked to Vern at CPC yesterday, and have all three necessary gaskets on the way. Shipping was more than the gaskets!