Montgomery Ward 5hp Year and Water Impeller

N62350

Cadet
Hi all. I dug out of my grandfather's barn an old blue and white Montgomery Ward 5hp outboard. It hadn't run in about 5-6 years. Well, I fixed that. Cleaned the carb, new plugs and fuel lines, and she runs like a champ. Only problem is that the impeller ( or whats left of it) is in DIRE need of replacement. Can anyone tell me where to get one and possibly a lower seal set as well? Also wondering the year. Here is the info I got off the plate on the motor:
Clinton Engine
Model# K500 3108 C
Serial# 1053306
Type# XTV 52250

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: Montgomery Ward 5hp Year and Water Impeller

Your motor was built by Clinton K500 is a Clinton number 52250 is a 74 Sea King.
Air cooled power head with a water cooled exhaust leg.
Clinton has been gone since the early 80s Though there is someone out there with parts.You might search here for a post on Clinton parts.Also try on google.
Also try ebay for impellers.You might give it a couple of good runs in a tank/can for water back pressure even though a bad impeller. before spending for an impeller.These motors have a reputation for finicky operation.Seldom performing the same twice in a row.good luck

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Your motor was built by Clinton K500 is a Clinton number 52250 is a 74 Sea King.
Air cooled power head with a water cooled exhaust leg.
Clinton has been gone since the early 80s Though there is someone out there with parts.You might search here for a post on Clinton parts.Also try on google.
Also try ebay for impellers.You might give it a couple of good runs in a tank/can for water back pressure even though a bad impeller. before spending for an impeller.These motors have a reputation for finicky operation.Seldom performing the same twice in a row.good luck

CEPCO (formerly Clinton Engines) 605 E maple Maquoketa, Iowa 52060. If you phone you may get info with contact info. Be patient. Ph 563-652-2411. FAX 563-652-3427. Let me know if they are no longer there, so I can quit posting this.

rudedude

Petty Officer 1st Class

You may try maxrules also for the impeller.