Montgomery Ward Sea King 7.5 hp

Dave Bennett

Recruit
Hi folks, I have a friend that has a Montgomery Ward Sea King 7.5 hp that he is trying to get working. He can not get it to fire and I am pretty sure it is the points and condensor and more than likely the coil now that he has damaged the spark plug lead when he was removing the flywheel.

The model number of the engine is K7503107C and it has a type number of 6052207R.

Does anyone disagree with my diagnosis? Also, where would be a good place to find parts for this lil beauty? I have been looking at Laings outboard motors, but I do not know the year of when the motor was built and in a couple of places on that site, it seems to matter.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Montgomery Ward Sea King 7.5 hp

Hi folks, I have a friend that has a Montgomery Ward Sea King 7.5 hp that he is trying to get working. He can not get it to fire and I am pretty sure it is the points and condensor and more than likely the coil now that he has damaged the spark plug lead when he was removing the flywheel.

The model number of the engine is K7503107C and it has a type number of 6052207R.

Does anyone disagree with my diagnosis? Also, where would be a good place to find parts for this lil beauty? I have been looking at Laings outboard motors, but I do not know the year of when the motor was built and in a couple of places on that site, it seems to matter.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Looks like a 1974. Made by Clinton. http://www.discount-marine-parts.com/
Also, CEPCO (formerly Clinton Engines) 605 E maple Maquoketa, Iowa 52060. If you phone you may get info with contact info. Be patient. Ph 563-652-2411. FAX 563-652-3427.