Eska 7.5 hp. motor

rondee

Recruit
Hope I found the right page; this time... If not, I surely could use some help~!

I am doing this for my dad. He is trying to find out about his Eska motor

Model # 14209-B
Serial # 01-066160

How old is it and any other information one might have, I would appreciate it.
He didn't say wether it needed maintenance...

Thanks,

Rondee

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: Eska 7.5 hp. motor

1984 uses a 640-19C Tecumseh powerhead. Sears clone 217.586750. A lawnmower dealer can help with powerhead parts. Sears has a website www3.sears.com where you can plug in that number I gave and see and possibly order parts, and maybe even a manual. Use 2-stroke chainsaw/lawnmower oil instead of outboard oil.

rondee

Recruit

Thank you for the information. I appreciate your time.
Is there an outlet to get a manual and do you know the value?

CATransplant

Admiral

If Sears doesn't have the part you need, contact certifiedpartscorp.com. You have to call them at the number on their website. They have most everything Eska.

As for the manual, there's a guy on eBay selling those manuals. Just search for Eska Outboard and you'll find them.

Pat McBride

Recruit
Re: Eska 5.5 hp. motor

Re: Eska 5.5 hp. motor

I am trying to find out the gas-oil mixture ratio for the Eska 1975A 5.5 HP motor...thanks!

Pat

bassboats

Recruit

I have an Eska 7.5 HP Boat Motor, # 14107a and the Oil to Gas ratio is 50 to 1.

gabrielda

Recruit

Hi!
Has anyone the manual for Sears Ted Williams 7.5 hp?
I would be very thankful for any help.
Thank you.
Gabriel

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

1984 uses a 640-19C Tecumseh powerhead. Sears clone 217.586750. A lawnmower dealer can help with powerhead parts. Sears has a website www3.sears.com where you can plug in that number I gave and see and possibly order parts, and maybe even a manual. Use 2-stroke chainsaw/lawnmower oil instead of outboard oil.

While 2 stroke chainsaw oil is not wrong I've done some research and
and my 6 aftermarket service manuals 55-89 all say quality outboard oil.
for all of the aircooled outboards.My Citgo TCW3 oil container says
"Recommended for 2 cycle engines including outboards,snowmobiles,motor cycles,chainsaws,string trimmers,and lawnmowers".I'm posting this just to make it a little easier for these aircooled guys.

sfyarb

Recruit

I have a 7.5 hp ted williams mod.# 217.58880 I would like to know year,fuel/oil mix [laymen terms pls.],foot oil,motor oil any info is appreiciated . motor has been in storage years still looks BRAND NEW! thanks so much

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

It is allways better to do your own thread.But here is what I find
1972,Fuel mix is 24:1 5.3 ozs per gallon.Any quality 2 stroke oil.I use TCW3 rated outboard oil.Gearcase uses any SAE 90 outboard gear lube.
Motor has a Tecumseh aircooled power head with a water cooled exhaust leg.You will most likely have to go through the fuel system from tank to carb.
And a new impeller before any serious boating.
These are marginal performers.Try to get it going with least investment possible.