info on 40 hp Sea King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diane V

Recruit
I have purchased an old Sea king 40 made by Gale with model#GG18744 and ser # 16X832416 can anyone give me an idea as to the year of this motor and any other info that might help<br /><br />thanks in advance

Braniffbrat

Recruit
Re: info on 40 hp Sea King

Your Sea King should be a 1962 Electric Start. Fuel/oil ratio is 24/1 or 1 qt oil to 6 gal gas. Send me an email; I have parts breakdowns for this motor and some maint. info if you need it.<br />BB

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

You can run that at 50:1 with any decent outboard oil. 24:1 was the norm back in the olden days when all that was available was regular motor oil. Parts are available thru a Johnson/Evinrude dealer. They have many common parts with their more mainstream cousins.<br /><br />Sparkplug Champion J4C if you run at 50:1, J6C if 24:1 to reduce fouling. Points gap .020, plug gap .030. Most any gearlube will suffice for the lower unit. Use regular unleaded gas, avoid alcohol. Your motor probably doesn't have a charging system for the battery, so you'll have to charge it with a charger on occasion.

Diane V

Recruit

Thanks for the info ---- it is greatly appreciated

Emurd

Recruit

Your Sea King should be a 1962 Electric Start. Fuel/oil ratio is 24/1 or 1 qt oil to 6 gal gas. Send me an email; I have parts breakdowns for this motor and some maint. info if you need it.<br />BB

Is there any possibility you could share that parts breakdown with me? Greatly appreciated to help get my boat running

Status
Not open for further replies.