Martin 75 twist shift impeller or pump rotor change

victor3d

Recruit
I have a martin 75 and am trying to figure out the easiest way to change the impeller. I have the manual and operating instructions. It has taken me some time to realize that the parts description and manual refer to the impeller as the pump motor. it is located at the top of the lower unit assembly but it seems according to my understanding of the manual that I must take the entire assembly apart starting with the prop shaft on upward before I can reach the impeller at the top of the shaft. I am thinking that for a part that needs frequent changing like the pump rotor/iimpeller that there must be an easier way. Any help would be appreciated...thanks

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Martin outboards are actually very well designed and built.-----Have few myself.-----A company that fell by the wayside in the early 1950's .----OMC had the dealers and products that folks wanted in those times.

catman977

Seaman Apprentice
I had a couple of Martin motors 7.2 back in the 50's they were good motors, and made by the Martin Pressure Cooker company in Chicago Ill. I lost one in the river because, I didn't have it chained to the boat transom, it was running when it went down. Lots of torque, they would out run any 10 hp motor. Easy to work on too.