No announcement yet.

Sears Tecumseh ted Williams 9.9 problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harbor freight. 15 bucks I think I paid. Best money spent. Big difference between thinking it does and really knowing
    Every day is a new day..... GO FISHING and take the wife or she gets mad....

1986 Durham 16 side counsel 35 Evin

Comment

I bought a compression gauge and I’m getting 80 psi too cylinder and 80 psi on the bottom cylinder.

Comment

Good enough to run. So you need 3 things for a motor to run and you have checked and have 2 and air coming out the carb instead of sucking it in. There isnt a reed plate assy. on those. Let me go to the book. So you stated it tried to run with only 1 module working now you have both and nothing. Im stumped. Youve been through the carb and pretty much done eveerything anyone would have. Did you try swapping the wires on the plugs?
        Last edited by brim_buster; August 1st, 2020, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Swapping the wires did the trick. Just messing with tge carb now to get it to run smoothly. ITs always something silly like that. Thanks to everyone for helping out with this!

Comment

Boom baby sometimes its the little things. Now you have a great motor

Comment

Ok, I spoke too soon. Took the motor out for its maiden journey and had some luck but more bad luck. After cruising for a couple minutes the motor would die. The faster the speed the sooner it will die. Everytime i go to restart it I have to re-prime it making me think that the bowl on the carb isn't refilling fast enough. I can make it run longer if I manually pump the bulb as its running. I have a 1/4 inch line going into the carb which I figured would be large enough. Any ideas?

Comment

could be and sounds like the fuel pump maybe. Page 19 of the manual. Or like you said its running out of gas. Go through the carb and check everything

Comment

Working...
                X