Game fisher 7.5hp fuel question

alloffroad

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I recently purchased titled motor model# 217-585932. I am having a hard time starting it. I went through the carb, blew all the ports out and it seems super clean. I am confused as to how the carb gets gas from the tank to the carb. It has the port in front for the external tank and the valve to open or close to use it but if that valve is closed no gas flows to the carb so what am i missing?

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
on the face of the carb that attaches to the power head you will see a pinkish rubber piece with a slit in it. That the fuel pump bladder. Its probably bad. It comes in all carb kits they are 12 bucks on ebay

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Type in the search bar Eska carb kit and you scroll down and you will see one for 10.95. Thats all you need. The fuel pump bladder needs to be put in so the slit is a 2 oclock. Pay attention when you take the old one out.

alloffroad

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Got the kit today. To late to put it together tonight so tomorrow morning. I'll post an update.

alloffroad

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Kit is in. Won't start without either. It will run for about 3 seconds then die. I still think i am not getting fuel to the carb from the onboard tank. Help me please. There is no primer bulb. Do i need one?

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Check the petcock. Put a small inline filter between tank and carb so you can see if your getting fuel. Gravity systems dont need a primer bulb. Did you check your points. Clean and regap at .020. Then we will walk through checking the reed plate assy. Your motor is an 80 model and Ive stored these as far back as the late 60's and 70's. Just like a lawnmower but turned into a boat motor. I sent you a private message. go look at it

alloffroad

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Rigged up a flywheel puller and looked underneath. It is electronic ignition. I cleaned up what i could and reassembled it. Still no go. So now what? P.S. If anybody wants pictures of the flywheel puller send my an email in pm. I tried to post the pics here but they are to large.

alloffroad

Petty Officer 2nd Class
[No message]

Attachments

• photo327839.jpg
    photo327839.jpg
    568.9 KB · Views: 1
  • photo327840.jpg
    photo327840.jpg
    532 KB · Views: 1
  • photo327841.jpg
    photo327841.jpg
    443.3 KB · Views: 1

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Rigged up a flywheel puller and looked underneath. It is electronic ignition. I cleaned up what i could and reassembled it. Still no go. So now what? P.S. If anybody wants pictures of the flywheel puller send my an email in pm. I tried to post the pics here but they are to large.

Did you look at the private message I sent you?

alloffroad

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Yes i did. I sent you my email address. When i went in to read the entire message it was blinking on and off. I couldn't figure out how to read it all the way through.

alloffroad

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Reeds look good. No light through the plates. The spark plug may be wrong. It has a champion rj-13y. I saw it supposed to have rj-14y.

alloffroad

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I did place a small clear inline filter in the gas line and not getting fuel to carb.

alloffroad

Petty Officer 2nd Class
It must be something with the little orange fuel pump. I've got gas in the filter by opening the petcock then shut it off. I pull it using starting fluid and it fires runs for about 2 to 3 seconds then dies. But the gas does not leave the filter. Ugh. When assembling the 2 nipple inlet on the side of the carb does the gasket go to the carb side and then the thin membrane or vise versa? Thanks folks. I'll get it eventually.

Last edited:

alloffroad

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I replaced it with the carb kit. I clocked it to 2 o'clock. Is that right.

alloffroad

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am completely lost. What else can i do to get fuel to the motor? Will an external tank be a different result?