1965/66? Mcculloch 45hp Outboard

Ksoder

Recruit
Hello all, I have recently purchased a mid 60's Glasspar Marathon with a 45hp Mculloch 2 cylinder on the back... I think the model number for the engine is 65304540... One of the Cylinders doesn't have compression, I don't need any guides on repairs (yet) but does anyone have any sources for parts for this engine or does anyone have any ideas on what other outboards would be good for it? My budget isn't very high so no brand new 4 strokes for me thanks... Probably anywhere from 45-60 hp is the preferred range.

matt167

Captain
Facebook marketplace, Craigslist. But a cheap outboard should come with paddles

Ksoder

Recruit
I took the head off, and to my surprise, the cylinder was perfect looking, not gouges or anything... the metal ring around the head gasket's cylinder section had some rust on it, so I ordered a new thermostat and Head gasket in hopes that the compression loss was a bad head gasket. Also on a ride note, turning the flywheel one direction, there is a definite hard to turn spot, but turning it the other direction is totally fine, any ideas?

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
There are many places.to get parts for those motors. The AOMCI is one and if you google for parts at least 2 places will come up.

Last edited: