Sears 3.5 outboard motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radicon

Recruit
I just aquired a 3.5 Sears outboard motor. Model 60920 (091584B). It does spin but I havent tried cranking yet. Any idea of what I have?

F_R

Supreme Mariner
That number eludes me. Sears motors typically had a prefix denoting who made them. Example would be 574.xxxxx. Give us a picture of the whole motor so we can at least narrow it down a bit. A number of mfr's made motors for Sears

F_R

Supreme Mariner
1968. made by Clinton. Complete model number with prefix should be 582.60920

F_R

Supreme Mariner
This was last updated in 2011, so don't know if it is still valid

Clinton Engines Corporation

22563 35th Street
Maquoketa, IA 52060-8640
(563) 652-2411

They are a "cash" only place, they don't accept credit cards. If they are not there leave a message, and they do get back to you. tell them what you need, they take your order, then call you back with the price for parts and shipping.

wil141

Seaman Apprentice
i have a sears eska i think 31/2 hp i cant find the year on the metal tag on the mounting bracket stamped in is210429 i'll post pics my questions are identifying year make #2doe's this motor have a water pump impeller in lower unit and if so can you explain how to remove the lower unit.#3 can you still get parts for these motors? thanks for any help mudbug59

Last edited by a moderator:

jbcurt00

Staff member
i have a sears eska i think 31/2 hp i cant find the year on the metal tag on the mounting bracket stamped in is210429 i'll post pics my questions are identifying year make #2doe's this motor have a water pump impeller in lower unit and if so can you explain how to remove the lower unit.#3 can you still get parts for these motors? thanks for any help mudbug59

Start a topic about your 3.5, asking questions about yours in someome else's.topic is considered a hijack

wil141

Seaman Apprentice
i'm sorry i didn't know that where should i post mine didnt mean to affend anyone

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
i'm sorry i didn't know that where should i post mine didnt mean to affend anyone

Start a new thread in the section. Other Outboard Brands - Click it above up top and then use + New Topic to start your thread, same way you started your other threads.

atucker1

Seaman Apprentice
OP: I used to have the exact same motor. I think there are some rules about posting links to competitors' websites but if you send me a PM I can send you info to where I got an impeller and other parts, as well as a manual for that model. I also wrote up info for two change the impeller and stuff and also what I used for the fuel adapter. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.