Sears 3.5 outboard motor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sears 3.5 outboard motor

I just aquired a 3.5 Sears outboard motor. Model 60920 (091584B). It does spin but I havent tried cranking yet. Any idea of what I have?

you got a pic....Where did you get those numbers
    Every day is a new day..... GO FISHING and take the wife or she gets mad....

1986 Durham 16 side counsel 35 Evin

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0119.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	2.16 MB
ID:	10802719 here is a pic of plate

Comment

That number eludes me. Sears motors typically had a prefix denoting who made them. Example would be 574.xxxxx. Give us a picture of the whole motor so we can at least narrow it down a bit. A number of mfr's made motors for Sears

Comment

Comment

1968. made by Clinton. Complete model number with prefix should be 582.60920

Comment

Thanks. Anyone know where a rebuild kit or gasket kit may be?

Comment

This was last updated in 2011, so don't know if it is still valid

Clinton Engines Corporation

22563 35th Street
                Maquoketa, IA 52060-8640
                (563) 652-2411

They are a "cash" only place, they don't accept credit cards. If they are not there leave a message, and they do get back to you. tell them what you need, they take your order, then call you back with the price for parts and shipping.

Comment

i have a sears eska i think 31/2 hp i cant find the year on the metal tag on the mounting bracket stamped in is210429 i'll post pics my questions are identifying year make #2doe's this motor have a water pump impeller in lower unit and if so can you explain how to remove the lower unit.#3 can you still get parts for these motors? thanks for any help mudbug59
                  Last edited by jbcurt00; November 23rd, 2019, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wil141 View Post
                    i have a sears eska i think 31/2 hp i cant find the year on the metal tag on the mounting bracket stamped in is210429 i'll post pics my questions are identifying year make #2doe's this motor have a water pump impeller in lower unit and if so can you explain how to remove the lower unit.#3 can you still get parts for these motors? thanks for any help mudbug59
                    Start a topic about your 3.5, asking questions about yours in someome else's.topic is considered a hijack
                    Money spent @ Boat Restoration should be measured in Smiles & Pride SHOP IBOATS-BOAT SPECS-FORUM HELP-REPAIR/RESTO

Comment

i'm sorry i didn't know that where should i post mine didnt mean to affend anyone

Comment

Originally posted by wil141 View Post
                        i'm sorry i didn't know that where should i post mine didnt mean to affend anyone
                        Start a new thread in the section. Other Outboard Brands - Click it above up top and then use + New Topic to start your thread, same way you started your other threads.
                        BOAT SPECS | FORUM HELP | STARCRAFT FORUM | SHOP iBoats
                        Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
                        That is what the forums are for.
                        Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

Working...
                        X