Seaking spitting fuel

Givey1982

Cadet
I have a 1976 6HP that is spitting fuel from the top port next to the air/fuel screw. I am attracting a video to show what I am talking about. Any ideas why this is happening?

Givey1982

Cadet
I just did a carb rebuild minus a new float. Well looks like it is time to take it back off and relook at it. That was a pain in the backside to get off!

Givey1982

Cadet
I don’t know how I ever managed to get that carb off before but there has got to be a correct way to get this off. Does anyone else have one similar with some insight on removing it?

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Don't know how yours is mounted, but I've made special wrenches for different jobs. In your case it might be an open end wrench, heated with a torch and bent to a 90° angle or an angle to get at the nuts holding it on easier.
I'll pick up "sacrificial" wrenches at garage sales or resale shops just for this purpose. Cut them, bend them, weld them, whatever it takes.

Givey1982

Cadet
I just did a carb rebuild minus a new float. Well looks like it is time to take it back off and relook at it. That was a pain in the backside to get off!

Givey1982

Cadet
Well if I paid better attention I would have figured it out. The slide shift for forward and reverse had to be shifted out of neutral to give more room. I probably bumped it before and never really realized what I did. Geeee.. some times I am my own worse enemy.

Davids Sarma

Recruit
Hi - I had the same thing happen. After messing with the carbs a ton of times, and even building a pressure test rig for the new valves and seats, I was at my wits end. Then I found someone who would work on my obsolete motor,... and within no time, he diagnosed a hole in my fuel pump membrane. It was letting gulps of air into the fuel line to the carbs, which was causing spitting out of the bowl vents. Fuel pump membrane/gasket was replaced, and no more issues.