Any Seabee owners help me?

3pinplug

Recruit
Hi all
Over in the Uk and have a Seabee 4 (JLO Rockwell Model L77L) boat engine that I am trying to restore / get running for use on my dinghy but I have run into a bit of a problem.
Inside the prop housing there are two cogs that lock together but on the shaft behond the prop gear is a bush with what i can only describe as an "arm on it" but I have no idea what this does or which way round / how it should be fitted?
I have arrowed the puzzling part in the photos and showed the inside of the propellor housing - anyone any ideas how this all fits so I can get the thing together - if you could upload a drawing or pic it would be worth a 1000 words!
Many thanks
Mark

Attachments

• photo318685.jpg
    photo318685.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo318686.jpg
    photo318686.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo318687.jpg
    photo318687.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 0

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
If it didnt move when you took it apart what makes you think it shouldnt just go back the way you took it off

3pinplug

Recruit
Hi
If it was only that easy i wouldn't’ have posted for help!
when i removed the prop and the shaft etc i didnt’ t find that bush until a little later, it had slid off the shaft (assuming that where it goes) and was in the bottom of the unit housing so i don't actually now which way round it fits or whether that lug connects with something.
regards
Mark