Tanaka tob-300

JOFO17

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am gonna try and see if I can get this old motor to work without spending a fortune. Has anyone found a place to get parts for them? One thing I am going to do first is replace the old fuel lines with ethenol resistant hose. Does anyone know what size?

robert graham

Admiral
I've had a Tanaka 3.0 for over 30 years now...real easy to make it run!....Very simple motor design. Some parts not so easy to get but e- bay, etc. may allow for you to just buy another running or not running motor for parts. Regarding the fuel lines I replaced all mine with clear/yellow plastic fuel lines from local chain saw/weedeater store(try Home Depot or Northern Tools)....they also carry nice little plastic fuel on/off valves and in- line fuel filters....all very cheap and easy to cut and install. The spare parts motor I mentioned can be solid gold for certain items like recoil starter springs, lower unit parts/gears,bearings, etc. Good Luck!

JOFO17

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Well I got to run but it will only stay running if I manually hold the throttle. The tiller handle where the throttle is is broken. Has anyone tried an aftermarket type throttle for this? If so what did you use because the plastic part that I need is no longer available.