Please help with Impeller replacement. Gale Goodyear SeaBee Model# 025-3569

Slimbob

Cadet
Ok, So this is the same model number my father had when I was a kid. Model 025-3569 1951-53
I bought this engine on Ebay and was able to get running using mid 50's OMC coils, points and condenser.
She's running but no water is coming out of the upper exhaust and I don't remember a Tell-Tale/Pee hole.

I have drained and removed the lower unit. Oil looks good. No Water.

I cannot figure out how to remove the plates and drive shaft to get to the impeller. It is mounted on top of the plates rather than on top of the lower unit.

Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Slimbob

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Your motor was made by Gale Products and the lower unit was the same as a Johnson TN-xx series. It is a Gale model 5D10.

Water pump is on top of the lower unit. I do not know what "plates" you are referring to, but DO NOT remove the side cover plates from the powerhead. They are extremely hard to re-seal.

To remove the lower unit, first disconnect the neutral shift cable at the shift lever. Then remove the four bolts holding the lower unit on. The shift cable will come down with the lower unit,, and is fed back up through a copper tube.

Pump impeller is obsolete, but you can use a 5.5 / 7.5 horsepower Evinrude or Johnson impeller by reaming the center hole to fit the drive shaft.

Attachments

• photo317118.jpg
    photo317118.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 4