Ted Williams 5hp

firenice12

Recruit
I recently purchased a running air cooled 5 hp Ted Williams motor. I have no idea what year it was made and want to be able find parts for possible future repairs and to find the female connection for an external tank for it. I have the serial number but am not sure where to go to get more information. Can someone point me in the right direction? Also, if someone could give me an approximate value of it, that would be great!

matt167

Captain
Elgin in the early years, and Eska in the later years. Eska also manufactured the earlier Gamefishers

Prop is probably NLA at this point but you'll find good used ones. For the fuel connector, just rig a Mercury or Johnson/ Evinrude connector into it, whichever you prefer will work fine

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Sears sold various brands of outboards as Ted Williams. The year it was made isn't important but the model number is.

Go to Sears Parts Direct and plug in the model number. You will get parts diagrams for the motor with part numbers. If Sears doesn't carry the parts, Google Sears and the part number. Many parts are still around under Eska. Elgin, etc. numbers.

RCO

Petty Officer 1st Class
The fuel connector is the same as force/Chrysler. Available here at iboats. All the 5 hp Ted Williams were built by Eska with a Tecumseh powerhead.

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
That is true the 7.5 hp was made by other mfg for Sears

Attachments

• photo317450.jpg
    photo317450.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: