1980 Gamefisher 9.9 Sears, Eska

Twitches

Seaman Apprentice
Good Afternoon,

A gamefisher 9.9 has found its way into my shop despite my knowing it should not have. The serial number is 217.586240 making it a 1980 I believe. This motor does have spark and compression so I am hoping there is hope. I am aware that parts are limited for this motor.

The issue seems to be with fuel delivery as it will fire on full choke after a couple pulls. Then, moving to half choke, as indicated by the starting procedure on the cowling, it will fire and then run for a couple seconds and then start to increase in RPMs all by itself to the point where it sounds like it might take off, then it dies. If put choke all the way in during this episode it will die immediately. Then when trying to restart it acts like its flooded. Come back half an hour later and can repeat the process.

I guess my question is where to start? I know that there is fuel getting to the carb (using a clear line) but not sure if it is getting into the carb. I do believe a carb kit is available Carb Kit DI-52027 Tec 382B. But, I am not sure that fuel is even getting into the carb.

Am I on the right track here? Is the erratic escalation of RPM due to fuel starvation? Where would you start?

Thanks

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Fuel pump bladder more than likely. Its located in the face of the carb that faces the power head. Its pinkish red. It comes in the kit which you can get on ebay for 20 bucks.
It has to be installed at 2 oclock. You will see what I mean when you see it.

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Check if this part fits your vehicle

Contact the seller
2-SETS-Motor-Carb-Repair-Kit-for-Eska-Sears-Ted-Williams-Tecumseh-1961-1987
Have one to sell? Sell now- Have one to sell?
Shop with confidence

eBay Money Back Guarantee
Get the item you ordered or get your money back. Learn more- opens in new window or tab Seller information

motoshopman (415 )
99.1% Positive feedback
Save this Seller
Contact seller
Visit store
See other items
2 SETS Motor Carb Repair Kit for Eska Sears Ted Williams Tecumseh 1961- 1987

Condition:
New
Quantity:
10 available / 3 sold
Price: