Gamefisher 5hp question

Ablackwood32

Recruit
I have a 5hp gamefisher and it will stay running for a little bit but then it will quit I done checked the gas line and bulb and it has gas in it and is getting tight I need help to see what the problem is please

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard, Ablackwood32 .

This is your new thread after moving it out of an 11 year old, inactive thread.

fishrdan

Admiral
How long will it run after pumping up the priming bulb and starting? Try pumping up the primer bulb and holding pressure on it, to see if any of the fittings are leaking fuel, if fuel leaks out, air will leak in. Air pulled into a fitting will run the outboard out of fuel, may need to replace a fitting.

What's the outboard serial number, year, and/or manufacturer. Gamefishers were built by several manufacturers...

robert graham

Admiral
If the motor has an on/off fuel vaive then double check it for a plugged fuel filter screen inside it.....I just replaced my old troublesome fuel petcock with a small chain-saw type plastic unit and a small in - line fuel filter....

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Pull off the carb and check the fuel bladder located inside the mounting surface. It should be a reddish pink color. See if in tack and re-insert it the same position as it was removed.