Old Scott 7.5

Tomtom98632

Recruit
Just picked up 7.5 scott n all the fuel lines were old n broken .im new to outboard motors.not sure were the r supposed to go .can somone please help n thxs ?it has good compression n great spark. I put mixd gas in the lines n it fired up for. A second.has 2 spark plugs n doesnt have gas tank on top

Tomtom98632

Recruit
Please help 7.5 scott outboard

I picked up 7.5 scott all the fuel lines were old n broken .not sure were each on goes to and from..not sure the year .has 2 spark plugs , no gas tank on top .new to working on out board motors

F_R

Supreme Mariner
On any old motor such as that, you should expect to have to replace all the rubber hoses, and clean the carburetor. Also pull the flywheel and examine the ignition system. Might need new coils. Clean and set the breaker points, if nothing else. Finally, a new water pump impeller is a must.

But before you do anything, check the compression and give it a good visual going-over to make sure you have something worth messing with.

A picture or model number would help identify it.

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I sent you a private message we need a serial number or picture please does it look like this

Attachments

• scott.jpg
    scott.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 0