Carter N2679S carb

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Trying to find a carb break down diagram for this carb that on the Wizard. No luck online but Im curious to whst the little pin and funky looking metal piece that are attached to the float bowl? It apparently does something and my question is can I do away with it. Ive gat spark and it will fire up but Im having a drip from that little nipple piece on the bottom of the bowl. Ive taken it apart once and cleaned it and put back together but dont know if I put that metal piece and that nipple together right hence I need a diagram..Thanks in advance for your help

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Since Wizards are not the most common motor on the planet, I can only guess what you are referring to. But I suspect a bowl drain valve. Close???

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
here are some pics of the motor and carb. The first picture is showing the little plunger type thing I was referring to that I dont know what it does, if I need it, or if I have it installed right. Never seen one and wanted a diagram to see if I installed the piece inside the bowl right

Attachments

• photo300553.jpg
    photo300553.jpg
    504.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo300554.jpg
    photo300554.jpg
    602.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo300555.jpg
    photo300555.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

Mohawkmtrs

Chief Petty Officer
I agree with F_R.

Older Tecumseh Lawn Mower engines used someting similar.

Push it in (up in this case) and if fuel drips out, it's working. Left untouched, it should not leak.