Ted Williams 15 hp model number/parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fixintoflip

Cadet
I have a Ted Williams 15 hp with a tecumseh engine and the only numbers i could find on the motor tag were, 381b and 7754696 and neither seem to be the model number. I'm trying to find a coil for it but I need model numbers. The only number i could find on the coils is 7026 but nothing seems to come up when i search under that number.

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Its a 1975 Eska. The 381B is the engine type. Twin cylinder 50:1 fuel mix J13Y plug. Ebay has a bunch of coils.Type in the search bar on ebay eska outboard coil and find the one like yours.

fixintoflip

Cadet
I've looked all over ebay, and just typed in what you said to, and i have only found one used coil that is the same type, just came off a 7hp engine, would that cause any problems? Both the 7hp and my 15hp run the same spark plugs.

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
should work just fine....could you by chance post a pic of it..Possible I can point you in another direction for a new one

Last edited:

fixintoflip

Cadet
No Title

Here you go

Attachments

• photo278965.jpg
    photo278965.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 6
  • photo278966.jpg
    photo278966.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 3

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Tecumseh part # 610785A called a transformer. Does the motor have spark and run good.

fixintoflip

Cadet
well one of my coils isn't giving spark, so now it doesn't have spark yet i bought a used coil so it should get spark soon and because it didn't have spark i don't know if it runs good or not. The guy i got it from said it did but who knows.

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Great motor when you get it running. Not a fan of the solid state ignition but you wont be disappointed. I dont know if you can get those parts from a Tecumseh dealer or not.

duckmn56

Cadet
I was about to start my own thread. However, since this one is up here. I have seen someone else post on Iboats that the Sierra 18-5193 coil works as a replacement. I have the 15 hp ted williams/esko motor as well.
1. Can anyone confirm that?
2. Are there any other coils that would work?
-Does anyone know the Ohm readings that the primary and secondary coil should have?

I have seen a different Sierra coil # posted for the 7.5hp version.

Thanks,

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
But what if its the solid state ignition, then you bought new coils and might need to replace that.

John8504

Cadet
I too have this same motor and the coils from sierra are good replacements. I'm having a heck of a time finding a shift rod boot replacement. If anyone knows anything on finding that part, i sure would appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.