No start on port engine

Hey all I have a friend that has a port engine that is having starting problems. Let me embellish a little, they call it a crusader 220, looks like a Chevrolet 305 or 350 to me. Going to look for myself tomorrow but I wanted to throw this out there. No start, brand new started, just the starter clicks "loudly" and again this is all word of mouth. I'm think either bad teeth on the fly wheel, bad voltage/amperage or new starter is junk. Any insight?

Ned L

Commander
Re: No start on port engine

Hmm, I haven't heard anything that would make me rule out a seized engine. Check to make sure the engine turns over.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

No start, brand new started, just the starter clicks "loudly" and again this is all word of mouth.

Sounds like a locked up engine to me too. Water in cylinders, transmission/outdrive locked up.

Clicks of slave solenoids and starter solenoids are not really loud, or that someone would even mention.

Finally got my first look today, seized tight. The starter would torque itself over trying but the engine is solid, I am still wiping rust off my hands, thanks anyway guys