1992 Yamaha I/O v8 5.0L Trim Motor and Switch

dlb04h

Recruit
I have a 1992 Yamaha V8 5.0L inboard/outboard engine with the original trim motor and trim switch. I would like to replace both because the trim no long works up or down. Problem is I'm not sure what replacement motor and switch I should purchase? I'm also searching for the repair manual if anyone knows where I could find that?
Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

Details: Engine exhaust converted to MerCruiser style

Engine Model: V8 5.0 PA Serial Number: 6T7P 100496
Intermediate Model: INT-PA Serial Number: 6T4P 130880
Outdrive Model: V8-DRA Serial Number: 6T5AR 131094

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 1992 Yamaha I/O v8 5.0L Trim Motor and Switch

I have a 1992 Yamaha V8 5.0L inboard/outboard engine with the original trim motor and trim switch, both of which I would like to replace.

Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,.... Why,..??

Fix or replace what's broken....

Seein's there's little to no parts support for yer driveline, I'm guessin' yer gonna need to cob in 1 of the Merc/ Volvo/ generic trim pumps being sold....
Same for the switch....

dlb04h

Recruit

Trim no longer works up or down. I was told by a local marine repair shop that both the trim motor and switch need to be replaced.

triman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The switch on my leg failed but I managed to find one on E-bay. A quick 15-minute job to change.
I have a spare trim/tilt pump/motor/tank setup that was included when I located a spare leg at a southern suburbs dealer here in Melbourne.
Given the similarities between the Yammie gear and the mercruisers it shouldn't be a major task to fit a merc on to the yammie