Velvet Drive problem

zleszcz

Recruit
Hallow
I am here for the first time, I greet everyone cordially.
I am asking for help in solving the problem. My transmission of velvet drive 71c after replacing the clutch plates with new ones (I did it myself on the basis of the Workshop manual), worked correctly. However, after several tests, after running the forward gear, it was still turned on, even after the engine was switched off - the gear is on. When I try to engage reverse gear, the engine goes out. The control valve moves correctly, but the transmission is always engaged in forward gear. What should I know before I remove the transmission?
I suppose that the front clutch has been blocked - I have assembled them according to the instructions - I do not know how it is possible? Is the piston retracted and does not release the clutch plates after changing the direction of the oil? If you have any advice I will be very grateful for the hint.
greetings
Leszek

alldodge

Staff member
For it not to release something was not put together correctly or

mechanical failure where something broke
the clutch spacing was not set correctly
or something is warped, like the clutch plate

The velvet uses hydraulic pressure to engage the clutch packs and a spring bearing used to disengage. Even if the spacing was a bit to tight it shouldn't kill the motor, so it has to come back apart

kenny nunez

Captain
There are seals on the shaft that direct the fluid to the clutch pack, servo or balance the pressure for neutral. If one of them is leaking that can cause this problem.