Yamaha outdrive replacement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha outdrive replacement

I have 2 Yamaha ME420STIs and am looking for a replacement outdrive. Does any know were I can find a complete drive unit (upper & lower units). I have found the part number for the lower unit, but cannot find the part number of the upper unit.

welcome aboard.

you wont find much support in the US for Yamaha since they were sued for patent infringement.

your best bet for a replacement is to unbolt everything yamaha and bolt in either mercruiser or volvo-penta. or hope to find two drives that come from fresh water boats that were meticulously maintained and the hull was crushed by a tree and someone held onto the drives.
    Cheesehead boating the Gulf Coast of FLA 27.51° N, 82.53° W

1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
    1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
    2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheeseheads in Paradise"
    1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Ayuh,...... Welcome Aboard,...... As Scott says, Yamaha's were only imported for 2 years, so there little to find,.....

If anybody knows where to find what ya need, try Capt. Ken at Nelson Marine in Florida,.....

Comment

Thank you guys. If anyone has the part number of the upper unit it would be very helpful. My parts catalogue is missing assembly part number.
        Is a switch to a different make drive feasible or complex?

Comment

Is a switch to a different make drive feasible or complex?
          Ayuh,.... I guess it depends on just how Handy you are,.......

You remove Everything Yamaha, 'n replace it with Everything Merc or Volvo,.....

The most feasible way is to buy a rotten donor hull with the driveline you want, 'n swap Everything into yer hull,.....

The hole in the transom matches Mercs, 'n later model Volvos,.....

Comment

Working...
          X