Inboard flushing question

Jeff907

Cadet
I’ve got a new to me 4.3 liter inboard. I’ve researched but haven’t found anything like what I have. I circled the fitting in the pic. Most posts I’ve found have some sort of valve to open and close. The only thing I can find on my engine it this garden hose type fitting. Is this where I should hook up a garden hose and flush after being in salt water? Thanks

Attachments

• photo299058.jpg
    photo299058.jpg
    666.8 KB · Views: 0

alldodge

Staff member
Wait, a 4.3 and an inboard?
Is this a house boat or something?

Jeff907

Cadet
? 2000 Weldcraft Renegade with a 4.3 liter Marine Power motor. Serial number WCDCE548D000

alldodge

Staff member
No problem hey southkogs can you move?

Being Marine Power that also helps, I was looking in Mercruiser. Always good to let us know what your working on. Will look some more

alldodge

Staff member
I found parts manuals for 4.3 and 5.7 at marine parts but unable to find that one. Look at where the hose goes at both ends and maybe can figure out. Probably is flushing, but need to know how the intake end is closed

southkogs

Staff member
Gotcha' moved ... welcome aboard Jeff.

Thanks for the assist AD.

Bondo

Staff member
The only thing I can find on my engine it this garden hose type fitting. Is this where I should hook up a garden hose and flush after being in salt water?

Ayuh,..... Have ya searched the entire length of that hose,..??

If so, where does it come from, 'n where does it go too,..??

That fittin' is above the outside the hull waterline, so maybe somebody figured that was flush enough,.....
Without bein' able to turn the saltwater Off, ya never know which is goin' to the motor, or in/ out the seacock, or whatever ya got for water pickup,.....