1969 Chris Craft Lancer

sam57

Recruit
Just joined the forum so if this question is in the wrong place please excuse me.
Just bought my first boat, probably poorly done and rushed. Boat is a 1969 Chris Craft Lancer 19 with a Chev 283 engine. Told professionally winterized at end of 2015 and stored since. Tried to crank it yesterday, won't budge. Pulled all spark plugs (dry, no rust) and tried to turn with breaker bar on the main pulley - no movement. This AM wanted to try PB spray in cylinders (per several internet advice forums). Pulled the plugs again today, Clear water drained from cylinder #7 (left rear). There was no rain and the engine cover was in place, nothing else done to engine yesterday and there was no movement of the crankshaft at all (all spider webs on the pulleys still intact).
I am expecting that I will have to pull the heads at a minimum but wondering if anybody has a clue as to why the cylinder would have been dry yesterday and full today?
Willing to take any advice - I am new to boats but I have done engine work in the past.
Thanks

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,..... Don't sound Good,....

What drive is bolted to the back of this 283,..??

johnffrias

Recruit
Sounds like it was not winterized.
I too have a Chris Craft Lancer (1971)19 with the original 283 f. Cracked block and cylinder head due to poor winterizing.