Jet in salt chuck

NFA

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 21' Thunderjet with an American Turbine 309 on the back. I plan on taking it to our cabin a few times a year. I know about salt and corrosion, but is there anything in the market I can get to prevent any salt water corrosion? Am I okay to go in the chuck for a couple of days and just flush it out afterwards?

Thanks in advance.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
neutra salt and salt-away are two commonly available products.

you are ok flushing too.

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... The Best way to flush out a motor, boat, 'n everything else is to splash the boat in freshwater, 'n go for a ride,.....

When I occasionally drag My barge up to Maine, 'n go out in the brine there,.....
After We trailer out, I go to the freshwater pond the family lodge is on, 'bout 30 miles away, 'n launch there, whether for the day, or a week,......

Just a 1/2 hour boat ride will get everything up to temp, 'n well flushed with freshwater,....

NFA

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks for the replies. I've since had it up to the cabin a couple of times. After each visit I've dropped it in our local river, ran it around for about a half hour, engine up to temp, forward / reverse, etc etc. No problems so far.

It's been a blast.