Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Help Tip: If you have a question that has not been answered to your satisfaction in the archives, it is always best to start a new thread of your own. By starting your own thread, you will receive the maximum number of views by forum members.

Please note this topic has been inactive for 90 days. For the best results, please start a new topic.

Thank you all in advance for doing your part in helping iboats run a smooth ship.

Additional forum rules linked below.
http://forums.iboats.com/forum-rules-guidelines-405/
See more
See less

4.3 cobra loss of power

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.3 cobra loss of power

Negotiating several problems with the 4.3 cobra. With this one the engine wants to die when on plane above 300 rpm. I can throttle back/or to neutral and the engine kicks back to life. It sometimes dies completely and I can restart fine. Its got me puzzled. I have checked vent hose. fuel return hose from carb, fuel water separator and fuel line connections. I drained and completely dried the fuel tank(built in tank) last year and check for debris and h20 and found nothing.

Re: 4.3 cobra loss of power

Sounds like carb issues. May be time for a rebuild.
    Don S.

Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
    That is what the forums are for.
    Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

My 4.3 did this and it was the fuel filter. Appears you looked into that. Is the fuel pump pressure where it shouold be?

Comment

Got the carb kit today. Mine does not have a filter that I can see. not one inline or at the fuel pump, just the fuel water separator and of course the carb fuel inlet filter. How do you check the fuel pump pressure ?

Comment

Mine does not have a filter that I can see. not one inline or at the fuel pump, just the fuel water separator and of course the carb fuel inlet filter.
          That IS a fuel filter, not just a water separator. Probably why it's called a water separating fuel filter. It needs to be replaced yearly and the contents of the old filter checked for water.
          Don S.

Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
          That is what the forums are for.
          Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

Don- I thought that was the only filter I need, but wanted to double check with you all. Dumped it the other day into a glass jar, no water present. Last year when I changed the filter, when it settled I has an inch of water.

Comment

Working...
            X