OMC/ Volvo penta Cobra SX u-joint part #? FOUND Full OMC/Volvo-penta Manual

89-conv

Seaman Apprentice
I've searched around here quite a bit, and checked the parts section here, but can not discover 1. the right year for mine and 2. the part number..

I've got, according to my local V-P parts supplier, a OMC out drive although it's tagged Volvo Penta, and Cobra SX,, part suppliers says it's actually a OMC drive.. based on it's serial # T0808167.. and therefor has no reference.. I can find tons of OMC U-joints on the net but none that emphasize this time frame.. Has Volvo penta ford 302, 5.0 engine label too, however thanks to Don S, I learned it's a OMC engine HU..

and can't find in several searches, one that also references just the u-joint.. or, that is; the "Spyder",

finding confuseing info too, 'like' is this only for the years of 1994-99? or,, does it go from 1994 to a higher date?? odd ball time frame I gues?
??

Last edited:

89-conv

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 96, OMC/ Volvo penta Cobra SX u-joint part #? Found! full manual

OMG! I found the ultimate parts manual!! well, that is to get the actual dates on several years of the drives, AND OMC/Volvo Penta part numbers!!

Exhaustive search to nail down 2 1/2 days , so here it is for anybody else who's trying to get Manufacture part numbers for reference.. I guess these people wouldn't mind??

http://www.glmmarine.com/pdf/OMC_Catalog.pdf

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

You have an OMC serial number, so moved this over to the OMC forum.
If you are looking for parts, go to the BRP catalog at http://epc.brp.com/SiteMods/BRP_Pub...efault.aspx?brands=ej&lang=E&brands=ej&lang=E
Then you have the actual OMC catalog and part numbers. Then you can look for aftermarket parts. Not sure GLM is the best choice for aftermarket parts.
The HU is the 95 model year.