OMC/Stringer outdrive Watering

a91eagletalon

Seaman Apprentice
Question if I tee into the hose (see attached) coming from the fresh water pump and hook a garden hose to it could I run this on the driveway and keep the engine happy and the freshwater pump lubricated.

Also need a good way to flush out the motor because one lake I boat on has zebra muscles in one lake doesn't.

Attachments

• photo334053.jpg
    photo334053.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1

a91eagletalon

Seaman Apprentice
Made my own drilled and taped cap but the water dose not make it to the motor and barely comes out the bottom of the outdrive.

Attachments

• photo334056.jpg
    photo334056.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

kenny nunez

Captain
The flush out you made is all that is needed, it gives just enough water to the drive pump.

a91eagletalon

Seaman Apprentice
Ok guys I will admit when I made a dumb mistake had a brain fart. The quick connect hose fitting I was using on the pivot to water the engine was a one way fitting and would not letting water flow in direction I wanted witch kept water from flowing in. some was leaking buy but not a whole lot so I think my water pump impeller is ok because it was dripping from the water inlet.

Anyways took that QD fitting off and hook the hose straight to it and Wala it gushing water out and flowing to the engine real nice now.

Thanks for the help even though it was me.