94 5.0FL OMC 2 barrel Holley runs several hinder feet then stalls

Rgmgpg

Recruit
Higher the RPM quicker the boat stalls even at 2000rpm boat only goes 4-5 hundred feet.
B.I.D. ignition. Checked resistance and voltage of coil, module, air gap good. New plugs wires cap rotor rebuilt carb.

kenny nunez

Captain
Could be a fuel delivery problem. Start checking the fuel filters. It could even be a restriction in the tank suction line, or a collapsed fuel hose.
One way to narrow down the cause is using a outboard fuel tank connected to the fuel pump.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Does it do that every time, or after a run where it was shut down for a bit, then restarted

Rgmgpg

Recruit
Tank is clean, fuel pump is working , fuel filter is new and full of fuel. Carb rebuilt, new plugs, wires cap and rotor and coil. Only thing haven’t replaced is the ignition module, and it checks ok. Also boat runs fine in the driveway at all rpm”s even in gear.

Rgmgpg

Recruit
It does it all the time seems to get worse the hotter the motor gets

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Check Float and Float level. My 5.7 with Holley Carb will run fine, but shut off for 15 - 20 minutes, when restarted, it will run, but if WOT is applied it will stumble, big, and Die. I came to the Conclusion that it the fuel system was Vapour Locking or the Carb was Percolating. Both conditions are caused by engine heat. Maybe it gets warmer in the bilge than thought, or the garbage being sold as Gasoline these days is refined for use in a pressurized fuel system and thus less likely to suffer from Vapour Lock and/or Percolation there. Carbs only use Atmospheric Pressure to supply Fuel, and it being lower, the fuel is more likely to Boil