OMC Cobra 2.3l oil tube jam

slystone

Recruit
Hi, i have the oil pump tube Jam inside the Hole off the oil Filter, imposible to remove, if i broke the tube inside i thing its not good to run engine with tube inside the bloc so if someone have suggestion to remove the tube or if i need the remove the oil pan.. i need to remove engine from the boat.
dont ask me why i put the tube inside this Hole sometime we dont think so long, the tube is 6 inch inside the oil hole.

Thank for your help !

Attachments

• photo322027.jpg
    photo322027.jpg
    378.6 KB · Views: 0

Bondo

Staff member
dont ask me why i put the tube inside this Hole sometime we dont think so long, the tube is 6 inch inside the oil hole.

Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,....... Donno why ya did it, but it's Gotta come outa there,......

slystone

Recruit
Its Electric pump to remove oil engine, i try on the dipstic Hole but not work so i have the bad ideal to tri inside the Hole of the oil Filter.... Stupid ideal.

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Ahhh,,,,that's gotta be a first....not sure how to advise you there....but wiggling the metal tube carefully...or spraying it with a freeze spray to cause the metal to contract a bit might work....in combination with carefully heating the oil filter center hole might make it easier to remove....you might just have to take the whole mess to a machine shop and let them have at it.

The way to change the oil on one of these very easily:
warm up engine
make up a garden hose adaptor to fit the oil pump hose and screw this on to the threads on the top of the dipstick tube, works like a charm. You need warm oil and a garden hose adapter (make threads on top of dipstick tube, female fitting for the oil pump hose). I have one and it takes about 5 min to pump my 4.3 dry.

Attachments

• photo310144.jpg
    photo310144.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 0

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Piece of wood and pair of pliers.

Wood to protect the threads and to lever the pliers on after you get a grip on the tube. Walk it out.

Speaking of getting a grip - Don't do that again.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
First, no mater what you were trying to do, would never have worked. To get oil past the pump to the oil filter boss requires the pump to be turning.

Get the foreign debris out of the oil passages

Then suck the oil thru the dipstick like you are supposed to