No announcement yet.

OMC loud Clunking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my suggestion is drain the fluids, pull the motor and drive now, and work on them over the winter. this allows you to see what is wrong with your current motor, assess what you need, and to do all the maintenance to your drive in the comfort of your garage or basement.

fuel system, I would simply drain and burn in the truck/car
    Cheesehead boating the Gulf Coast of FLA 27.51° N, 82.53° W

1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
    1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
    2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheeseheads in Paradise"
    1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Danforth View Post
      my suggestion is drain the fluids, pull the motor and drive now, and work on them over the winter. this allows you to see what is wrong with your current motor, assess what you need, and to do all the maintenance to your drive in the comfort of your garage or basement.

fuel system, I would simply drain and burn in the truck/car
      thing is i dont have the tools to pull engine. its going to have to get pulled and replaced by a shop when a new one is shipped in or diagnosed and fixed unfortunately. i have drive off in garage which just needs new fluid before winter.

is there an easy way to drain the fuel out tank and past the anti syphon valve as needed. thing is boat had about 60 gallons in it before the incident and i dont have anywhere to put that much fuel.

Comment

for $30 you can build a gantry to pull the motor.

a shop will charge you about $3k
        Cheesehead boating the Gulf Coast of FLA 27.51° N, 82.53° W

1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
        1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
        2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheeseheads in Paradise"
        1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
        X