2002 nautique sport manifold crack

Shippy96

Cadet
I am currently in the process of purchasing a boat and came across am very well maintained 2002 nautique sport. The body is in spectacular condition along with interior and the engine was swapped with a remanu engine about 2 years ago due to the old one being overheated and slipping a rod (From what im told). Apon visually inspection everything lived up ot the pictures except the bottom of the manifolds. One side leaks slightly which i was told prior to the visit, and actually found out it looks like both sides at the same spot were welded at one point.

Does anyone have any knowledge about this repair wise. Is this a killer for a boat purchase if everything els checks out? Engine is a 5.8L GT40 Ford engine. The remanufactured engine that is in has less than 100 hours on it and besides a couple rust spots the engine looks good and well maintained.

Attachments

• photo316796.jpg
    photo316796.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 0
  • photo316797.jpg
    photo316797.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 0

Bondo

Staff member
Apon visually inspection everything lived up ot the pictures except the bottom of the manifolds. One side leaks slightly which i was told prior to the visit, and actually found out it looks like both sides at the same spot were welded at one point.

Ayuh,..... They've been frozen, busted, 'n repaired, which is now failin',......

New manifolds is the Fix,......

Hopefully the motor didn't freeze,......