No Fuel Getting to Carburator

Twainer

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Just got my carburetor back & installed but now I am not getting any fuel to it. When I was bumping the engine over with no sparkplugs I was getting all kinds of fuel coming out. Actually had to stuff a 3/8" extension in the hose to keep it from going all over the place. Unscrewed the fuel filter & filled the cup/cover with fuel thinking maybe I need to prime it. Pulled the manual valve off that is right before the filter. It is working properly. While having that off I noticed the fuel tank is full & no fuel is coming out of the tank. Shouldn't I be getting all kinds of fuel pouring out? Manual says there is an anti-siphon valve somewhere. Is that the manual valve I previously mentioned, or is there another one in the bottom of the fuel tank? Just for shits & giggles I pushed compressed air down the fuel line & could hear air going into the fuel tank. Am I missing something here?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
The anti siphon valve is the spring loaded check valve fitting screwed into the tank that the hose is attached to

Twainer

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am kind of ruling that out. I put the fuel line directly into a fuel can & it still was not pumping fuel like it should. I am going to try testing the fuel pump pressure this weekend.

kenny nunez

Captain
Which carburetor do you have? It I just be the inlet needle is stuck or if you have a Rochester and the inlet filter may be in backwards.

Twainer

Petty Officer 2nd Class
It is a Holley 600cfm. It has just been rebuilt so I am fairly confident that is not the issue. When I pull the fuel line off the inlet line nothing is coming out.

Twainer

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Replaced fuel pump but still not getting fuel! Dropped the fuel line in a separate fuel can, still wouldn't pull gas. Put my finger over the hose while cranking the engine over & it wasn't sucking at all. Just don't get it. I was getting plenty of fuel to the carb before I had it rebuilt now I get nothing!