OMC marada throttle control

Also posting in the general section...

Recently bought a place on a lake that came with a early-mid 90's Marada 1950, which still has the OMC 5.0 in it I believe. The throttle control lever cover is broken (I think intentionally), to be able to lift the tab to shift since it's broken off on the handle itself. Is there a good option for a universal throttle control with trim switch that I could replace myself? Thanks

Throttle control replacement?

Also posting in the OMC section...

Recently bought a place on a lake that came with a early-mid 90's Marada 1950, which still has the OMC 5.0 in it I believe. The throttle control lever cover is broken (I think intentionally), to be able to lift the tab to shift since it's broken off on the handle itself. Is there a good option for a universal throttle control with trim switch that I could replace myself? Thanks

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
Howdy, Welcome aboard!

First of all, please read https://forums.iboats.com/forum/engi...ion-for-diyers

Also please do NOT post identical threads in multiple areas. If you're not sure where to post something, ask one of the Mods, they're happy to help!

Teleflex has several good throttle/shift control units. I installed one in my 1987 Four Winns. Nearly all throttle/shift units are universal, allowing them to be used on I/O, OB, and Inboard boats.

They were bought some time ago by Seastar Solutions but still sell the same line of controls.

I installed the following model and it works flawlessly.

1-CH1750P.jpg

You can also buy it right here on iBoats.

https://www.iboats.com/shop/seastar-...ff-switch.html

I bought mine nearly 15 years ago.

They are not cheap but I wouldn't skimp on engine controls considering the damage you can cause with one that doesn't shift properly and consistently.

Let me also add that you can very likely find it cheaper than indicated above but iBoats will price match, so I would urge you to support iBoats and buy it here!

Regards,

Rick

Last edited:
No, ya aren't. We frown on starting multiple posts on the same issue.

Welcome aboard and please read our rules. Thanks.

Be kind please rewind, while you're at it. Just trying to get a question answered and unsure where to post it, given the plethora of similar sounding forum divisions. No need for the salt.

Cheers.

Howdy, Welcome aboard!

First of all, please read https://forums.iboats.com/forum/engi...ion-for-diyers

Also please do NOT post identical threads in multiple areas. If you're not sure where to post something, ask one of the Mods, they're happy to help!

Teleflex has several good throttle/shift control units. I installed one in my 1987 Four Winns. Nearly all throttle/shift units are universal, allowing them to be used on I/O, OB, and Inboard boats.

They were bought some time ago by Seastar Solutions but still sell the same line of controls.

I installed the following model and it works flawlessly.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/www.iboats.com\/shop\/media\/catalog\/product\/cache\/e4d64343b1bc593f1c5348fe05efa4a6\/1\/-\/1-CH1750P.jpg"**[/IMG2]

You can also buy it right here on iBoats.

https://www.iboats.com/shop/seastar-...ff-switch.html

I bought mine nearly 15 years ago.

They are not cheap but I wouldn't skimp on engine controls considering the damage you can cause with one that doesn't shift properly and consistently.

Let me also add that you can very likely find it cheaper than indicated above but iBoats will price match, so I would urge you to support iBoats and buy it here!

Regards,

Rick

Perfect, thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for. I have many years working with aircraft and parts compatibility, but very little with boats.

Glad to see they're a bit universal.

Thanks again.

Bondo

Staff member
Be kind please rewind, while you're at it. Just trying to get a question answered and unsure where to post it, given the plethora of similar sounding forum divisions. No need for the salt.

Cheers.

Ayuh,...... Welcome Aboard,....... No salt thrown,...... We Mods have a job to do, too,.......

Controllers are quite interchangeable, But,.....
In fairly recent years the cable ends have changed to something called Gen.II,.....
You'll be needin' a controller for Gen.I cables,......

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Cheers.

I said please. And Welcomed you. And thanks, too.

Let me explain - By starting two threads on the same issue, you will get replies which may or may not be correct and with two threads going, knowledgeable members may not see the other thread and you get conflicting advice. Which makes for more questions and answers from you. A single thread is easier for all of us.

We move threads everyday from wrong sections to correct sections - All so you guys get the best advice and you get back on the water as quickly as possible.