Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OMC marada throttle control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OMC marada throttle control

    Also posting in the general section...

    Recently bought a place on a lake that came with a early-mid 90's Marada 1950, which still has the OMC 5.0 in it I believe. The throttle control lever cover is broken (I think intentionally), to be able to lift the tab to shift since it's broken off on the handle itself. Is there a good option for a universal throttle control with trim switch that I could replace myself? Thanks

  • #2
    Also posting in the OMC section...

    Recently bought a place on a lake that came with a early-mid 90's Marada 1950, which still has the OMC 5.0 in it I believe. The throttle control lever cover is broken (I think intentionally), to be able to lift the tab to shift since it's broken off on the handle itself. Is there a good option for a universal throttle control with trim switch that I could replace myself? Thanks

    Comment


    • #3
      Howdy, Welcome aboard!

      First of all, please read https://forums.iboats.com/forum/engi...ion-for-diyers

      Also please do NOT post identical threads in multiple areas. If you're not sure where to post something, ask one of the Mods, they're happy to help!

      Teleflex has several good throttle/shift control units. I installed one in my 1987 Four Winns. Nearly all throttle/shift units are universal, allowing them to be used on I/O, OB, and Inboard boats.

      They were bought some time ago by Seastar Solutions but still sell the same line of controls.

      I installed the following model and it works flawlessly.



      You can also buy it right here on iBoats.

      https://www.iboats.com/shop/seastar-...ff-switch.html

      I bought mine nearly 15 years ago.

      They are not cheap but I wouldn't skimp on engine controls considering the damage you can cause with one that doesn't shift properly and consistently.

      Let me also add that you can very likely find it cheaper than indicated above but iBoats will price match, so I would urge you to support iBoats and buy it here!

      Regards,


      Rick
      Last edited by HT32BSX115; May 15th, 2019, 10:12 AM.
      1987 FourWinns 211 Liberator, Originally an OMC 460 King Cobra.
      Re-powered in 2006 with a 1997 Mercruiser 7.4L Bravo III

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ClaytorLakeRookie View Post
        Also posting in the general section...
        Originally posted by ClaytorLakeRookie View Post
        Also posting in the OMC section...
        No, ya aren't. We frown on starting multiple posts on the same issue.

        Welcome aboard and please read our rules. Thanks.
        BOAT SPECS FORUM HELP STARCRAFT FORUM SHOP iboats
        Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
        That is what the forums are for.
        Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by GA_Boater View Post


          No, ya aren't. We frown on starting multiple posts on the same issue.

          Welcome aboard and please read our rules. Thanks.
          Be kind please rewind, while you're at it. Just trying to get a question answered and unsure where to post it, given the plethora of similar sounding forum divisions. No need for the salt.

          Cheers.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by HT32BSX115 View Post
            Howdy, Welcome aboard!

            First of all, please read https://forums.iboats.com/forum/engi...ion-for-diyers

            Also please do NOT post identical threads in multiple areas. If you're not sure where to post something, ask one of the Mods, they're happy to help!

            Teleflex has several good throttle/shift control units. I installed one in my 1987 Four Winns. Nearly all throttle/shift units are universal, allowing them to be used on I/O, OB, and Inboard boats.

            They were bought some time ago by Seastar Solutions but still sell the same line of controls.

            I installed the following model and it works flawlessly.

            [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/www.iboats.com\/shop\/media\/catalog\/product\/cache\/e4d64343b1bc593f1c5348fe05efa4a6\/1\/-\/1-CH1750P.jpg"**[/IMG2]

            You can also buy it right here on iBoats.

            https://www.iboats.com/shop/seastar-...ff-switch.html

            I bought mine nearly 15 years ago.

            They are not cheap but I wouldn't skimp on engine controls considering the damage you can cause with one that doesn't shift properly and consistently.

            Let me also add that you can very likely find it cheaper than indicated above but iBoats will price match, so I would urge you to support iBoats and buy it here!

            Regards,


            Rick
            Perfect, thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for. I have many years working with aircraft and parts compatibility, but very little with boats.

            Glad to see they're a bit universal.

            Thanks again.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ClaytorLakeRookie View Post

              Be kind please rewind, while you're at it. Just trying to get a question answered and unsure where to post it, given the plethora of similar sounding forum divisions. No need for the salt.

              Cheers.
              Ayuh,...... Welcome Aboard,....... No salt thrown,...... We Mods have a job to do, too,.......

              Controllers are quite interchangeable, But,.....
              In fairly recent years the cable ends have changed to something called Gen.II,.....
              You'll be needin' a controller for Gen.I cables,......

              Comment


              • #8
                Sign up today
                Originally posted by ClaytorLakeRookie View Post

                Be kind please rewind, while you're at it. Just trying to get a question answered and unsure where to post it, given the plethora of similar sounding forum divisions. No need for the salt.

                Cheers.
                I said please. And Welcomed you. And thanks, too.

                Let me explain - By starting two threads on the same issue, you will get replies which may or may not be correct and with two threads going, knowledgeable members may not see the other thread and you get conflicting advice. Which makes for more questions and answers from you. A single thread is easier for all of us.

                We move threads everyday from wrong sections to correct sections - All so you guys get the best advice and you get back on the water as quickly as possible.
                BOAT SPECS FORUM HELP STARCRAFT FORUM SHOP iboats
                Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
                That is what the forums are for.
                Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

                Comment

                Working...
                X