Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

Private Messages

We are aware of a current issue where your messages screen does not properly load and we are working on a fix.

In the interim, you can access you messages by navigating to this link: https://forums.iboats.com/privatemessage/notification

Apologies for the inconvenience.
See more
See less

Parts Help Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I still had a shaft laying around to send you, but I've gotten rid of the few junkers I still had around. Maybe kenny nunez knows?

Comment

I know that a lot of the driveshafts have the part number engraved on them, intermediate shaft , vertical in the lower, prop shaft, etc.

Taking yours apart may be the only way to confirm
      1977 Bellboy 18 footer with a 175 HP OMC 302

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Thanks guys. I had already taken it apart. Scanned the parts for numbers but dont see anything. Maybe i would after pulling the gear etc from the upper shaft. I did more research. I can confirm mine does have selectrim. So my model will be 990232. 990232 is selectrim. 990231 is manual. See attached pics. I still do not know what the A11 or M suffix is. But its apparently nothing to do with the trim. The M suffix part is cheaper. I think im just going to have to buy it and find out. frustrating. If it wasnt the difference between 170 and 400 dollars i wouldnt be so worried. Thanks all for for help.

Comment

The water pump shaft #909753 0r Sierra # 18-2185
          The pinion or upper shaft # 909121 or Sierra #18-2183
          The seal kit #982949 or Sierra #18-2667
          The lock nut #907866 or Sierra # 18-3731-9
          To replace the shaft in the pinion housing takes some special tools. I still have them. If you send me the pinion housing I will rebuild the housing and mount the water pump for no charge and parts at my cost plus freight.
          Kenner, Louisiana 1980 Donzi 18'. 2+3 6.2 MPI Alpha 1

Comment

Working...
          X