Water in Engine Oil

Scootdad2

Recruit
Hello I’m Ronald
i just purchased my first Four Winds 19’ 190 Horizon
with the engine Ford Cobra 5.0 and the guy I got it from told me there was water in the oil he says the exhaust water flappers are missing. So here goes my journey on repairing this engine so we can go have water fun this summer.
im taking on any advise.... thanks in advance

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome aboard Scootdad2. Please take a few minutes to read through our FORUM RULES. We ask you don't post in topics older than 90 days unless you're the original poster.

Have you changed out the engine oil? And if yes, do you get water in the oil while you're running on muffs?

tpenfield

Staff member
:welcome: to iBoats

Actually, your boat is a Four Winns . . . :)

Water in the oil can mean a couple different things, none of them good.

1) bad gasket between exhaust manifold and risers.

2) cracked engine block.

OMC is out of business . . . and Ford no longer supplies engines to the marine industry. So, this may be an uphill climb.

As suggested, I would change the oil and then see if the water in the oil returns.

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard Ronald,...... It's much more likely Ted's option #2 is the problem,.....

It's a pretty hard sell to blame it on missing shutters,......

To Test it,..... Drain the block,... Isolate the block's cooling passages,....
Then pressurize it with 'bout 15 psi of air, 'n Listen,......
If there's air leakin',.... follow the sound to the leak,....

vasy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello I’m Ronald
i just purchased my first Four Winds 19’ 190 Horizon
with the engine Ford Cobra 5.0 and the guy I got it from told me there was water in the oil he says the exhaust water flappers are missing. So here goes my journey on repairing this engine so we can go have water fun this summer.
im taking on any advise.... thanks in advance

Good news is that new reman block is not that expensive, just get and for $2k get your boar running for the summer.
I believe iBoats carries the blocks.