Tilt moves up and down manually but does not engage with tilt motor

tee58

Cadet
Must still have one of the pieces where the motor mounted!
Because the piece I have was attached to the motor and I had to remove it from the motor, had to reach back in there to retrieve the spring! Saw it (spring) just sitting there using a mirror! Its raining today, will look for other half of hammer blow tomorrow! Thanks for the picture

kenny nunez

Captain
There is supposed to be a plastic washer on either end of the coupling. Grab the remaining half with a pair of needle nose pliers. If the spring is distorted you may have to replace it. That spring gives the motor 90* of free travel and momentum. Without it the commutator will get burned and out of shape.

tee58

Cadet
The spring looked okay! Not bent or anything will get the remaining part out, as for the plastic washes! Will have to find them! If I do have to replace the spring, and washes where would I get them from ?

kenny nunez

Captain
I just looked the washers up on Crowley marine. #0310612 @5.99 ea. You need 2 and they only have 4 in stock. I still have some springs and a hammer blow coupling in my old OMC stash .

tee58

Cadet
I ordered the washers from Crowley Thanks for part #
How would I get these parts from you! If I need the spring and Hammer blow coupling? Once I have the hammer blow coupling completely removed I will send pictures of them to you, so you can let me know if they are still good! Will remove all remaining parts tomorrow! Waiting on new tilt motor to arrive, will be here on Tuesday!
Thanks for all of your help!!!!?

kenny nunez

Captain
I will be out of town all next week. I will try to monitor this site. I do have a perfect coupling like the one in the picture. If you need it you can have it. Pm your mailing address and I will send it to you.

tee58

Cadet
After removing all of the hammer blow coupler and spring!
My question is? Should the spring have enough tension on it to hold the 2 halves together? Because I see that if it does not! It will be almost impossible to reinstall hammer blow and motor without the coupler falling apart while trying to put the motor back in! Any advise on this?

kenny nunez

Captain
The coupling I am going to send is together, just install it after installing the plastic washer. I will be sending it next week USPS with an extra spring. Good luck.

tee58

Cadet
I have received, washes and new motor! Now just waiting on the hammer blow couple and spring that you are sending!
Thanks again!!!