Which is the correct auxilliary outboard bracket?

Mako228

Cadet
Hello everyone,<br /> I own a 1980 Mako 228 walk around cuddy. I am planning on mounting a 25 hp 2-stroke auxilliary motor for trolling and back-up. I have found 2 Garelick brackets that are capable of handling the weight of my motor. One offers 9.5" of lift the other offers 15" of lift. Which bracket should I use? My 25 hp measures 14" from the bottom of the skeg to the cavitation plate. Is Garelick the best choice? My main engine is a 225 Ev. Will this bracket be stable while running at high speed and/or rough water? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.<br /><br />Mako

arubabob

Recruit
Re: Which is the correct auxilliary outboard bracket?

I have a similar issue. A trophy 2052 21 foot single mercruiser that I use to fish in fairly big waves here in Aruba. I would like to hear if anyone has expierience with 15 to 30 mph winds and a fairly tall boat. I need to be able to run 50 to 10 miles at 5 mph as an auxilliary engine. My main concern is the stability of the mount while we are running and fishing in rough seas, and what size motor I need, and or, can mount on the boat? <br />thanks