Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2.5 Suzuki a Decent Choice for a 15 Foot Square Stern Canoe?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.5 Suzuki a Decent Choice for a 15 Foot Square Stern Canoe?

Can get the basic 2.5 Suzuki for $707 new in the crate. Have an Old Town Seranac square stern. The boat is supposed to be 110 pounds or so. My choices are the 2.5 Suz or a 3ph Tohatsu. Difference in weight is about 10 pounds. Fishing small lakes and strip mine pits so the longest run will be less than a mile from dock to fishing spot, normally a lot less.

Never had a small outboard. Wondering if the 2.5 will push along nicely with two adults and a couple of tackle boxes.

Thanks.

Dan

Re: 2.5 Suzuki a Decent Choice for a 15 Foot Square Stern Canoe?

It will be fine....
    If I had any to choose from, it'd be a 3hp OMC from the 50's or 60's. Either of the two you mentioned should be great motors for a canoe.
    JBJ
    Not a certified mechanic but I have at least 2 shade trees in my yard and my wife always says I'm certifiable. So remember that when you follow my advice

Comment

Nothing wrong with the Suzuki. The initial problems with the design were straightened out years ago.
      Elvin
      My answers are like Zen...It may not be the answer you want, but it is generally the answer you need.

The 3 Rules:

1) Look in your service manual first...Then ask me if it is correct.
      2) Understand that your desire to repair your engine does not mean that you have the ability to do so.
      3) If you are confused, take your engine into a dealer..Then let them be confused...At least, in theory, they sent someone to outboard 101.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

One important consideration is the ease of availability of parts and service.
          You might check for impellers a common part that needs regular replacement.
          And props might need replacement the first time out if you know what I mean.

Comment

Working...
          X