Swamp People TV Show

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Saw the first of the new season shows the other night. Ole Troy was his finest as usual. Waiting for him to get some holes in his "lucky" tee shirt. The hour before the new season show, the Texans, who were to go back home the next day to enter the Texas season, had a contest with Troy and even though their 11'7" gator was a whopper, ole Troy comes in at the last minute, from checking his last line of the contest with an even 12 footer. Did you see those gorgeous blue crabs that Troy cooked up for them as a going away supper. Yummmmmmmmy.

---------

One thing I did notice was that the newer Mercs that you see a lot of are getting some competition. I didn't know that you could tiller steer a 115 hp but they do it on that show. I noticed Troy's Optimax had a trim switch right in the end of the tiller handle. I thought 50 hp was about tops. I saw the Tohatsu last season but this year an Evinrude Etec comes on the scene......main point of my thread.

You don't suppose rude slipped that sucker as a gift for a little advertising do you? Could be, right along with that brand new JD 5105 tractor. Either that or the guys are spending some of the "spoils" of cooperating with the antics of reality TV.

I noticed this season the network is stirring up some sentiment in the ranks. The younger guys are griping about the elders telling them what to do. Funny till now it was all about family sorta thing, proud to be working in the tradition of the species. That's the only one I watch as the others are too unreal, even for reality tv, for me anyway. I'm surprised OSHA hasn't shut them down, especially the loggers and the Alaskan EPA, especially the gold miners.

I guess this thread is legal, it does contain questions about non-repair outboards which can generate a discussion.

Mark

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Re: Swamp People TV Show

There's no real limit on motor size for a tiller, we run up to 300HP Yamaha's here. 200 Mercs are very common. I have a 90HP tiller on one boat and it's considered very small.

tomhath

Master Chief Petty Officer

You don't suppose rude slipped that sucker as a gift for a little advertising do you?

Any time you see a brand name item on TV or in the movies you can be sure it's paid advertising.

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

Each of the trappers on the show are backed by one of the outboard manufacturers who provide the new outboards that you see. Any of the old engines in the show are preexisting.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Each of the trappers on the show are backed by one of the outboard manufacturers who provide the new outboards that you see. Any of the old engines in the show are preexisting.

I don't doubt that one bit and I was surprised to see Liz running a 115 of your namesake especially with no rudes. I guess Bombadier saw that too and decided to fix it. I did notice that the muscle boys, native indians, were running a Carolina Skiff with a nice, shiny, new 200 Yammie, along with their two airboats and who knows what else. Hadn't heard from you in awhile my man. Where you been, or where have I been.

Mark

robert graham

Admiral

I notice Liz hit a stump the other day with her Mercury and cracked the lower unit wide open...maybe Mercury wouldn't want folks to see that???....I love the show,but just don't know about equipment endorsements, etc....

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

I notice Liz hit a stump the other day with her Mercury and cracked the lower unit wide open...maybe Mercury wouldn't want folks to see that???....I love the show,but just don't know about equipment endorsements, etc....

Robert sir, Liz runs a Tohatsu 115 on her 20 ft flat bottom John. Besides, she probably didn't hit anything. Just some more of the Reality Tv hype.......like the time she "unexpectedly" ran out of gas out in the middle of nowhere. Gimme a break. She has been working those swamps long enough to know the importance of having adequate fuel.....and then this "good ole boy" just happened along and "gave" her some. Ha! If the networks knew just how phony this kind of stuff is and how it turns off audiences (like me) when they mess with real reality.

Mark

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

It supposedly showed her hitting something, she was moving about two miles per hour and the motor bounced around a little. When she raised the motor and the lower unit was cracked in half I knew they just found some phony footage to make it look like thats when it happened.

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

It supposedly showed her hitting something, she was moving about two miles per hour and the motor bounced around a little. When she raised the motor and the lower unit was cracked in half I knew they just found some phony footage to make it look like thats when it happened.

It was edited so you didn't see what she hit earlier. I would imagine there was no camera filming when she hit the stump or log so they reenacted what they could at a speed at which it would still run. Haven't seen that episode myself. But when I asked about it I was told that's not the way it happened.

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

On a side note:

Liz actually owns(owned) a Tohatsu(not the 115 that you see) before she started with the show and turned down new engines from other brands.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

On a side note:

Liz actually owns(owned) a Tohatsu(not the 115 that you see) before she started with the show and turned down new engines from other brands.

Interesting. Do they not make some of the Merc lineup? My knowledge of them has only been via this site. No body sells them down here.

Mark

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

The thirty and down under the Mercury decal and the fifteen and down under the Evinrude decal. There's around 900 dealers spread out around the U.S. Go to the Tohatsu.com website and use the dealer locater to see how close a dealer is to you.