wings on your outboards????

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Re: wings on your outboards????

I think if they said you needed to adjust motor height there would be far fewer people buying them, as most wouldn't know how to do it, this would also turn off the I/O owner.

So, is this a case of misleading advertising, or negligent advertising?

ondarvr said:
Plus even when used wrong they tend to let the boat plane faster, which is easily noticed by the owner, he may not notice a drop of 1 or 2 MPH though.

But I bet he'd notice when he's screaming down the face of a 3 metre ocean swell and can't get the bow up! :eek:

And I'm guessing being in Monroe, WA you don't get to experience that too often. :D

Chris........

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

But I bet he'd notice when he's screaming down the face of a 3 metre swell and can't get the bow up!

On an OB sometimes you'll have even more control of the bow if the foil is dragging in the water, it will grab a great deal of water as you trim the motor out and force the bow up even higher.

I think it is a little misleading, beacuse it "may" be possible for it to do what they claim, but they don't tell you how to use it.

And I'm guessing being in Monroe, WA you don't get to experience that too often.

I actually live on the water..fresh now... but I grew up on an Island in the salt.

Google "Columbia Bar crossing" and you'll see a little of what kind of water we find here at times.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

achris said:
But I bet he'd notice when he's screaming down the face of a 3 metre swell and can't get the bow up!

On an OB sometimes you'll have even more control of the bow if the foil is dragging in the water, it will grab a great deal of water as you trim the motor out and force the bow up even higher.

Agreed. But most people's instinct, when starting to broach, is to pull the throttle back... Just making it worst.

Chris.........