Honda vs. Evinrude

jevery

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Honda vs. Evinrude

Dang, Jay you're right. I would've bet money he was Steamboat Willie.

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

Jap vehicles sold more than American vehicles don`t mean they are BETTER.I see idiots driving both.Just more idiots driving jap.I remember Pearl Harbor.

And you served your country and defended our honor??

I certainly did.
US Navy B38 5059 enlisted (not drafted) Dec. 13, 1966
Full honorable discharge. Dec. 15, 1972.

james williams

Petty Officer 2nd Class

And you served your country and defended our honor??

I certainly did.
US Navy B38 5059 enlisted (not drafted) Dec. 13, 1966
Full honorable discharge. Dec. 15, 1972.

Yes.I went to Fairbanks,Alaska Nov.20 1963.Honorable discharge Sept.16 1965. I was in Infantry. I tryed to go to Vietnam.At that time `no draftees`.My Father-in-Law fought at the aleutian islands. He said there were 1000 japs left,their commander ordered to shoot themselves,rather than surrender.My two younger brothers spent a tour in nam. One still alive, one died.I had three or four Uncles was in ww2.I was born 7-14-41. Yes, I remember the war#2.Germany and the japs both tryed to take over the World . They failed,that time. Japan won`t fail this time.They won`t have to fire a shot. james

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

The Aleutians? I remember that one as the Japanese left before the U.S invasion force arrived. The only U.S. casualites were from friendly fire. Of course I could be wrong.

marquette

Petty Officer 1st Class

getting back to the purpose of this thread and not dockside chat.
Maineman- did you get to get out and do some looking this weekend? what did you find?

cranksbait

Seaman Apprentice

I went through this exact delema last spring. Honda vs E-tec. Both are great motors. I ended up with the E-tec for a couple of reasons.

It is a lighter motor, big deal when you are maxing out a boat. I run and gun my boat, thus I thought the E-tec would be better for this. It was cheaper. I go to small lakes, where I am unable to have my motor in a full upright position to start. I have heard of people doing damage to their four strokes by doing this. I run my boat until ice up. I have experienced others around me having trouble starting their four stokes in the cold. I also like the minimal maintenance and winterizing, I'm lazy.

I have had my motor for a year now. I do not know what my hours are right now. I know I did over 80 in two months. I have done nothing but put gas and oil in it.

The E-tec is a very quiet clean motor. I am no longer choked out by the fumes like my old rude did. It uses very little gas. I have been complimented by four stokers on how quiet it is at idle, as we were having a boatside chat and I left it running. Yes at speed it is a bit louder, but so are the four strokes. I know for a fact that my 75 E-tec is quieter than my FIL's 15 Honda 4 stroke.

Again, both are great motors.

james williams

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I talked to two or three people past summer that traded new Johnsons motors in on new Hondas,they said they liked Hondas better.I own five or six Honda lawn mowers. But the new Briggs&Strattons have really improved lately.

james williams

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks,jevery. How do I use it. Tell me how,or do it for me. james