what is best 2 stroke oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander
Re: what is best 2 stroke oil

Pennzoil synthetic for me too....I am always putzin around the shop, going over the motor, checking plugs, etc. and cannot tell the difference in oil residue, color, soot between the Yamalube and the Pennzoil from WalMart. No difference in performance, idling, carb problems......
Seems a no brainer, for me, to continue to use a "cheap" oil like the Pennzoil.....:confused:

LubeDude

Admiral

i wouldnt use supertech. its basically recycled oil.

also, yamalube is not a good oil. it performed poorly on most tests.
amsoil came out on top for every test.

Me thinks someone is trying to lenthen our stride so to speek!!!!!!

i wouldnt use supertech. its basically recycled oil.

Simply not true!!!!

yamalube is not a good oil. it performed poorly on most tests.

Simply not true!!!!

Amsoil came out on top for every test!

Now we are talking!!!! :)

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

Ok guys, The older engines work great with the oils on market but for people buying 2009 motors check this out. New this year. The PY2009 Mercury Outboard Retail Promotional Warranty is "Conditional". which means you must adhere to the recommended service intervals and maintenance recommendations as stated in the Mercury Owners Manual. Service must be completed by a Mercury Authorized dealer and any parts replaced will require the usage of genuine Mercury parts,oils & lubes.You can do your own service, but you must keep records and then have that service verified by a certified Mercury dealer who will log it into MercNET. This is post from Mercurys website below.

October 9, 2008

Maintaining Your Engine
Proper engine maintenance is essential to ensuring your outboard engine will provide you with years of trouble-free operation. Mercury Authorized Dealers have the expertise and training to handle all of your engine maintenance service and needs.

In accordance with the maintenance guidelines outlined in our new promotional warranty (5 & Drive Sales Event) and the engine owner?s manual, failure to properly maintain the engine may result in a denied warranty claim.

Should you choose to perform the required engine maintenance work, you must work with your local Mercury Authorized Dealer to ensure the maintenance has been performed and the correct parts installed. The authorized dealer will then log the information into the Mercury Dealer Engine Service log on the Mercury on-line dealer system (MercNET).

Please also keep your receipts and compile a maintenance log for your records. This practice not only helps you keep track of the maintenance done on your engine, but also helps instill confidence with potential buyers or dealers when it comes time to sell or trade in your engine.

puppy1

Recruit

I was always told to use the best product you could afford. Price is the measuring stick for most products.

Rbear

Cadet
Thanks for the comments. I’m an old folk but new boater so I have all these basic questions. Your appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.