5 Hp Scott Atwater Water pump not wioking Help!

scot

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 5 hp scott atwater that starts and seems to run real nice but does not seem to be ejecting any cooling water from the rear of the motor.<br />Corm mentioned tha there is a small hole at the rear of the engine and it looks to be right below the base of one of the cylinders but not working.<br />What could be the problem and can i get parts to repair it?<br />Thanks<br />Scot Marechaux<br />7162685582

corm

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 5 Hp Scott Atwater Water pump not wioking Help!

Hi Scot,<br />You can still get pump imp for that motor.<br />They run about $50 if I remember correctly.<br />I'd need a mod. no. to find out for shure.<br />...have fun...corm

scot

Seaman Apprentice

Hi Corm<br />I fooled with the motor in a tank and ran it at low speed with no pumping action.<br />So I cranked it up figuring maybe not enough power to make the pump work.<br />Presto Water squirting from the rear as needed.<br />We put the motor on our boat and put it in the pond for a test run and it seems to run fairly well.<br />Thanks again<br />scot<br /><br />
Originally posted by corm:<br />Hi Scot,<br />You can still get pump imp for that motor.<br />They run about $50 if I remember correctly.<br />I'd need a mod. no. to find out for shure.<br />...have fun...corm

corm

Lieutenant Junior Grade

biggrin.gif
Great
biggrin.gif
<br />have fun Scot<br />corm